A quick summary of the changes announced on 7 March 2013, and what it could mean to brands:
- The new design will be rolled out slowly to web users. Existing content & ads are not impacted. Mobile changes to be rolled out by end March.
- No change to Edgerank. The selection and order of stories will stay the same
- Specs for page posts and ads does not change, but they will be displayed differently in both the news feed and ads.
- Some Photo Page posts may have the caption on top of the image
- Page Like Stories will display the cover photo of the brand's page.
Details at http://www.facebook.com/about/newsfeed.